Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Musical Meth Pt. 1


 So this idea hit me this fine Wednesday morning at 5:25am on my way to work whilst I was practically attempting to break my steering wheel in half with the palm of my hand and also attempting to stomp through my floorboards. "Why so angry?" you are probably wondering but fear not... there was simply no other way to try to release my Musical Meth.

 Music can completely control my mood. Most mornings I turn the iPod to Shuffle right after I get out of the shower and I'm typically either skipping or punch-dancing my way out of the door in a fit of awesomeness. I have an eclectic taste in music and it's not for everybody, at all. But; if it can brighten your day, introduce you to a new artist/band/group/genre, I'm all for it.

 This mornings little jewel of Musical Meth was Hank William the III's "Trooper's Hollar"

 The Unofficial Video, but it fits pretty good:

 Back story: I've been a Hank III fan since 2002 when I found "Broke, Lovesick and Driftin'" at Best Buy in Olympia, Washington. I had been a Hank Sr. and Hank Jr. fan and so when I saw there was a III, I bought it without knowing what it was. In the ten years since hearing it for the first time, I have bought that album 3x over. The first two either got donated to a house at which I frequently partied at and or/scratched beyond repair.

 Hank III is a different dude and I love him for that. He's got two sides- "Outlaw Country" and "If you liked that, you probably should leave now" at his live performances for his "Hellbilly" part of the show. The Hellbilly is metal/outlaw country/vulgarity. While I love metal, I just haven't really connected with the Hellbilly genre, which I'm surprised about myself. Best of both worlds, right?
 I'm lost for words on how to describe this song, but... banjo to open with? F' yes! And that's III's hound, Trooper, in the song! Outlaw Country/sweet banjo and drumming/hounds... how could I NOT love this song? It's as if it was made for me. I've been listening to this (2 disc) album for about a week now, but this is really the only song that has caught my attention. I need to give the others another go, but I restart Track 8 every time I shut off the truck so that this is playing when I get in. Good luck on that one, Yaya!

2 comments:

  1. I love this Music Meth idea! Is it cool if I steal it?
    Love that you're blogging again friend, looking forward to your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steal away, my friend! Hope I stay motivated to share the randomness in my life. :)

    ReplyDelete