Monday, July 16, 2012

Musical Meth Pt. 2


 Sometimes I am strictly in the mood for a certain genre of music and it typically is not country. This song, the entire group, bends those molds though. This was the first song I heard from Old Crow Medicine Show (I was living in Cd'A, Idaho and I believe it was 05-06, summer) and I have loved everything that they have done. Sometimes it takes me a second, third or forth helping of music (in general) to really fall for it, some of those multiple listenings catch me, so I try to never give up on a first listen. The album, "Tennessee Pusher" was one of those albums I listened to once, put it away and didn't dig it out for months later then really fell in love with it and I'm so glad that I did. Now it's one of my top 15 Go-To's. I'm sure a song off there will come up sooner than later...

 This song does something to me where I cannot help but shake my head whilst singing my heart out and, for some reason I find myself scrunching my eyebrows while I belt it out. It's a good thing that the dogs do not judge me for my singing/dancing capabilities or I would truly be out of friends! I never skip over this song, it makes my heart smile and I can't help but sing and stomp along. Most of their other tunes are more haunting and dark, which you'll come to find out is a norm for the songs that I typically prefer, for reasons that I haven't figured yet.

 Here's Wagon Wheel: I hope you get a smile on your face like it does to mine... or even, eyebrows creased!

 PS: I have a thing for the banjo, stand-up bass, chops, flat-caps and the men that sport them, or all of them. Obviously I am smitten at this video!

2 comments:

  1. This is the first song I heard by them too! I think actually it was you that may have introduced me to them. Maybe a Myspace song? I duuno, but it's gold!

    It's almost scary how similar we are in our feelings towards this song. I never skip it either and EVERY TIME it comes on I start singing (well, shout talking) at the top of my lungs.

    I love the twang of this song and the melody and just everything, it's a song that is sure to get me pumped up and puts a smile on my face ever time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That could be! I know I posted it on Myspace, hah! I wish I could find some of my blogs or whatever they were called on it, there was one I was pretty proud of.

    I just realized while listening to it again that I do this weird chin thing to it while stomping. Something in this song is forcing me to lift my chin up... is that weird? Probably, but I'm ok with that!

    It's a very "twangy" song and I like my "Country" with extra twang, please. Man... that sounds durrrty!

    ReplyDelete